Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 15-09-2018, 05:40 PM
Unregistered

Not sure what responses you expect to get here, but here's my attempt:

1) Talk to your RO about it.

2) Maybe, maybe not. Depends on how much they trust the source(s) and various other factors. You'll probably be able to judge better than stranger on an online forum.

Ultimately if you feel you're in this situation and your RO is not likely to listen to you, it's probably best to look for another posting elsewhere.

I mean, there are official channels you could go through (e.g. discuss the situation with a school leader, or even formally dispute the performance grade) but I won't be too optimistic on the outcome of those. Plus, even if it turns out well, that RO will still be around and things might be unpleasant by that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sorry if this sounds political, but I got a feeling that it does affect performance and progression.

1. How do you deal with colleagues who spread rumours and report unjustified things about you to your RO?

2. Will ROs give lower performance grades (since performance and progression largely depends on ROs during ranking) upon hearing these talks/rumours (without concrete evidence)?

I am asking this because as mentioned previously, ROs are ultimately still humans; some of them might still be easily swayed by others, no?