Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2018, 06:38 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, if i join MOE after i have completed my Masters, will i be evaluated as an undergrad/ mid-career? On MOE website, the pay scale is shown by honours. i heard that mid-career switchers will have a different scheme that allows them to promote faster as well? so i'm like caught in the middle now.

if i'm evaluated based on my undergrad then it seems like my masters useless?anyone care to share about pay & progression of a masters grad joining MOE? thanks in advance!
generally if U join at say 35 yrs old with substantial job experience in other fields, yes considered mid career.

But say U take a master immediately after your bachelors, then it is clear U do not have any substantial job experience that may enhance your student experience.

As masters at our local universities are considered to be relatively non selective, therefore to maintain equality with other fresh grad of equal calibre, you will be emplaced on the fresh grad scheme.

As an prospective educator, you should understand that nothing is wasted. Even though your masters does not confer U higher pay, but it is an experience, personal learning journey which is of tangible intrinsic value to yourself. As an educator, you will soon realise not everything can be or should be monetised.