Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in!
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by seojuns0310 View Post
Hi there, how should a fresh grad looking to go into AML/KYC roles go about looking for a position? I tried applying to such roles through job finding portals, mainly went for the interview and they hired experienced people instead(experienced this quite a number of times over past few months). Kinda disheartening. I have heard from recruiters that it is easier to enter this line through doing maybe a ops role and get some experiences before jumping into this line. Not sure if this is true. Anybody who can shed some insight regarding these issues? Or perhaps you know of any openings at your workplace that you can recommend to me? Thanks in advance!
you can get thru this either as a RM (handling CDD/KYC) or Project Management / Business Analyst role. The former gets much higher chance as AML team normally work closely with RMs for RFI, etc so you can slowly transition in. PM/BA path takes a bit more time but you will get into much senior role.

what i can see right now is that low level AML resources (e.g. clearing screening alerts, etc) are too abundant and hard to compete.