Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 05:16 AM
Unregistered_independt

Default Advice needed for young BT

Hi,

I hope someone who is still in service can provide me with some advice.

Background:
I was a overseas scholar (Teaching scholarship (Overseas)) did both my bachelor and master degree before returning back to Singapore to complete my PgDE. Currently, I have just been posted/seconded to an Independent school as my first school posting as a BT. (consider me lucky). At the present moment, I'm a GEO 2 (trained) officer

As I recently just completed my work review with my RO. I raised up the conversation of having some interests in MOE FLP. However, as my RO is a direct hire from the school, my RO does not really know much about the MOE career development (that was basically what my RO said). Also my school also has its own PD, however, my guess was it's main focus is on the direct hire staffs since I am on secondment.

So my question is

1) Will I get to know my performance grade after this work review? If so, is there an approx timeline?

2) How will ranking of EOs who are seconded to independent school be different to say EOs who are in govt school?

3) Regarding salary, just out of curiosity and I have been wondering what is salary range points? It seems like based on the forum, the salary range for example GEO 2 is quite a big range..Just curious how to they gauge the salary for EOs who are on the same GEO level but receiving different salary.

4) Does anyone know much about FLP? Should I try asking my P to sought for recommendation?

Teaching and learning is of great importance for me as BT, but at the same time, I would like some clarity and goals to work towards to.

Hope someone who was/is in similar shoes or have encounter young BTs like me can share their thoughts on this.