Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 26-08-2018, 05:01 PM
Verified Member

dreamerlyfe93 is on a distinguished road

Hi guys, I got called for an interview. In a catch-22 situation.

I applied for a couple of jobs when I was barely a month into my current one. Both current and the one im interviewing for are in civil service.

Fresh grad mah - gong gong dunno anything. Some career advisors told me not to put my current job down if its less than 3 months and has no relation to the field that you are applying for. So i didnt put lor.

But when I came to this forum, most of the posters say civil service HR damn porous one. They will know. So I thought my application disqualified already. Siao liao. But I never thought that they would call me.

Should I disclose it during the interview? Or act dumb throughout the way until HR/someone asks me about it?

Also, should I tell my current supervisor that I am applying for a new job? But then it will cause me to kena 'marked' right?

Quite important since this job that I applied for has been my dream job. Really stressed ahhh i wish career guidance sessions in Uni had covered this.