Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Freight Forwarding industry -- Fresh grad inquiries
View Single Post
Old 20-08-2018, 11:55 PM

santaends is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Economics is not so relevant. Your 2 internships should place you in good standing to find a job in this industry. However I am surprised that you want to join the logistics industry as it is not glamorous and the pay is low. This industry takes in ah bengs and lians without degrees or from dodgy distance learning programs (this should answer your question no 6).

With your local uni degree, you should go for a cushy civil service job instead. Better pay and iron rice bowl.

Thanks for the advice. I want to join for the passion and hope the money comes later. I'm not fussed about glamour, in fact I do like the nature of the work because it's challenging and impactful.

I'm not interested in civil service for the above reasons that I don't get a sense of purpose from it and I don't have a good degree class, don't want to be stuck halfway through my career prime knowing I can never rise above a certain glass ceiling. At least in private sector you can still fight it out.