Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Advice needed (Career change)
View Single Post
Old 13-08-2018, 08:14 PM

MZc9 is on a distinguished road
Red face Advice needed (Career change)

Hi all.
Seeking advice from everyone in this forum.
I am 38 years old. Have been working as a police officer for 16 years. I am one of those in spf that is not so lucky in progression. My current salary scale has reached to its max point and I have been losing the annual increment for the past 4 years.
I have seriously lose interest in my job and wanting to move on for a career change to a new industry and learn new things. I have always wanted to do something that is more meaningful, etc technical job where the experience can be widely used instead of my current job where the experience bounded only to security line.

I am tired of doing security related jobs and wish that I could leave this industry. I am only a Dip holder in IT engineering from a local polytechnic. The problem I am facing is that my highest education and job experience are not in line thus hard for me to apply for any technical jobs. Many technical jobs out there require an experience. I don't mind getting a paycut, I think its better now rather than its too late.

Appreciate if you guys could share your advice on what should I do to look for opportunities out there. Thanks in advance.