Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 09:05 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I don't think so. From statistic point of view, while Expected msg stated is an absolute decimal, the generation of this expected msg from psle score or grade is at best an approximation and definitely will have its uncertainty.

There is bound to have uncertainty. If say your class avg expected msg is 3.1, and actual is 3.3. I don't think you will be faulted. As it may not be significantly different from the expected. Which the expectations was built on equations that may have error. But say your actual is 4.5 and expected is 3.1. your colleagues classes are also having expected 3.1 but they get actual 2.9 then maybe something is wrong.

But a consistent underperformance below expected across time and space *(different batches and classes) may be significant.
so usually, only consistently underperforming for student grades (as compared to colleagues teaching the same level, of course) will result in a bad performance grade?

i assume other commitments/work such as CCA, projects, committees may also help to pull up the bad grades?