Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 12:33 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It is probably because a leading role pays higher in general and I assume you are talking abt total annual salary. Some people may not be promoted to leading role after 10 to 12 years. This is not uncommon. In fact if you are comparing within the same company, this pay difference may not be great, given that the non leading role may be near the pay ceiling.

Another thing to note is that some titles are mostly inflated in banks and does not translate to high salary.

I was from banking middle office. There are other industries paying better than banks.

5 years exp in my company will be getting 90 to 100k as a non leading role. And the ceiling can be from 120 to 150k.
My experience is that most people starts off at around $2.5k-$3k as a fresh grad in a middle/back office role will find that it is almost impossible to reach 90k-100k after 5 years of experience, even if u got promoted and jump the boat twice in 5 years. Even if u meant 90k-100k in total compensation, that is estimated to be roughly $7k base salary with 1.5mths - 2mths bonus (which generally speaking, most banks pays this kind of bonus).