Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 30-07-2018, 02:06 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The 2.8k was from an NPO but I turned it down because I had only started jobhunting 2 weeks in so I decided to keep looking. I mentioned it as i thought it could serve as a reference for the type of offers I can expect to get. I actually don't want to work in govt sect for my longterm career, i'm just thinking whether I should accept this because "got job just do first" or would it actually hinder/benefit me when I'm looking for a pte job after this is up (it's an 11 mth contract)? It's not a very specialized job (though advertised as such), I got the distinct feeling that they just need more manpower for their events and campaigns.
Fixed term (I.e no chance of conversion to perm) contract roles in government sector are suitable for those who want to use it as a stepping stone to get into a perm role in other government agencies. Government agencies generally tend to prefer candidates with public sector experience, except for more specialized roles.

If you are keen on a marketing role in private sector, it’s better to work for a PR/marketing agency rather than to waste your time in the contract role.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app