Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 27-07-2018, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisely View Post
Is the 2.8k offer private or public? I think a pass degree does affect your future at public or civil sector. And also mentioning the specific job scope where a lot of times might not be useful when you want to switch to private sector. However, public sector offers better job security and more consistent progression than private. Private sector gives you the chance to be more successful if you have the right attitude
The 2.8k was from an NPO but I turned it down because I had only started jobhunting 2 weeks in so I decided to keep looking. I mentioned it as i thought it could serve as a reference for the type of offers I can expect to get. I actually don't want to work in govt sect for my longterm career, i'm just thinking whether I should accept this because "got job just do first" or would it actually hinder/benefit me when I'm looking for a pte job after this is up (it's an 11 mth contract)? It's not a very specialized job (though advertised as such), I got the distinct feeling that they just need more manpower for their events and campaigns.