Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Really that bad for engineers?
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 02:31 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I just got an offer from Exxon for Project Engineer role in their chemical plant in Jurong. I have 2 years of experience. Can anyone give me an idea of the job environment in the chemical plant and also an estimated pay ? I have not received the package - just a call saying i passed the interview and the need to go for a medical check up.

Project engineer in petrochemical... Better get experience and goes elsewhere. everywhere is toxic gas.. every plant leaks...(matter of big or small). You will expect to check your plant design with process engineer and issue specification to stupid contractor to build new plant. Tons of standards and codes for you to follow as you construct them.... Risk your life to ensure MOM vessels are properly constructed and registered.....Risk your life going into confine space to check your equipment... Heavy responsibility for the "so call" high paid and not worth..Stress you out as you construct you plant.

For pay wise...expected to get S$7k~8k in early thirties. Estimated EM will give you around 5k...