Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - I am interested in the medical area
View Single Post
Old 27-06-2018, 12:07 PM

Blueberry is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
1. Local Uni definitely no chance given your age and profile

2. Overseas. Very very Low chance esp given your non relevant diploma.

3. Overseas mbbs will cost you abt 500k. If you got half a mil at your age , you might be better off investing it in the stock market or something.

4. 40s is really too late to change career. Esp med. by the time you finish training. You will be almost 50. You think you can go do 18hr houseman shift? Then by the time you qualify as a doc, your runway will only left 10yrs or so.

That said. I know of someone who went into TCM in his 40s from a Engineering career. Now owns his own tcm clinic.

Good luck
Age discrimination is real in Singapore. This I do understand.

However, 40s is not too late to change career. There are alot of ppl doing a mid-career change in this era. It is what kind of career you want to change to.

Medical endeavour is time consuming and costly. No sane person with personal commitment will go that path though. But then it is never any shameful to ask around isn't it ? If you have a personal interest in medical, you can have a choice to study on your own, less those interviews and aptitude tests. You don't have to stop learning just because of your age and profile. Isn't it ?