Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - desperate
Thread: desperate
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 12:32 PM

lazyplane is on a distinguished road

To compare and say why that person is earning so high and why freshie cannot earn that level or in the words put, cheapen themselves is an fruitless argument.

You will end up always feeling short changed.

But if you need to have somethng to reason it out, well, i can only say i because it about demand and supply.

If you feel cheap, think about demand and supply in the world. A fresh grad with similiar qualification in china will earn 4x less.

So should we in SG say we are unfairly treated because we earn less than US or Euro ? Or someone else gets higher pay ?

In short, my best advise on this is , if you dont think you are getting a fair deal, then work out it. go for interview, and get the value u think u should get. relocate.

But while u are doing that, make sure you make the best possible use of time in your existing job or if u r seeking for a job, the best use of your time while u can.

To blame others/situations / environment etc, is only a escape mentality.

Face the world. Face the music. If u find you cannot get the value u deserve, u must seriously consider the fact that you are fairly paid and then work on improving your value. Go for next degree. Go and work harder. Put long hours. Do value add/brownie assignments like taking minutes, hosting people, spending time with new colleagues.

Many people dont realise that brownie assignements are often the things that put a person onto a high flying project. Of course, when u are on that high flying project, perform well. And then u will see the other side of the envy where people say u got there by chance and wish they were as lucky as u.

All the best. No one know when we will become the next big thing. But we all can position ourselves in the best possible way so that if certain things happen, we will be IT !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Then you are fighting with loads of hungry PRs and foreigners. Make yourself cheaper, better and faster.

Seriously.

But does anyone wonder why the high earners keep getting bigger paychecks while the freshies and average earners have to cheapen themselves?