Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 25-06-2018, 10:41 PM

duhduhduh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamerlyfe93 View Post
Storytime!!

I enjoyed my National Service, having worked in a semi-office, semi-field environment, and imagined that being a DXO would be the same. That was why I wanted to become a DXO when I graduate.

I graduated just recently - 2nd upper from NUS. In February, I applied for the DXO scheme and listed Defence Relations as my first choice followed by Media Relations as my second. Funny thing was that my academic career was more suited to be a Defence Relations Manager (studied Political Science).

When I went to take my Psychometric Test though, I saw that they put me under Media Relations in the sign-in sheet. I was shocked, but I didn't complain much because hey at least I have a foot in MINDEF right? Or so I thought. The PT was relatively okay for me, though that was on 28 February.

After many months of chasing them, they told me last week that I was not further shortlisted for interview. I don't know whether it was the standard rejection letter template but they added that my application was "favourable" and would like to retain my records in the system. Additionally, they welcomed me to try for another position.

I just re-applied. Was just gauging my chances because I really want to become a DXO because I think it would be a meaningful career. Don't really mind the OT or the hardwork

The way MINDEF selects people seems pretty random - I know a first-class honors student with a mastery in a third language being rejected after the site preview round. Another dude with only a second-upper got in for the same position albeit different sitting. Pretty scary.
Same here. Was also a clerk, had a good testimonial and not even given a chance lol. Their PT is like a blackbox....