Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 23-06-2018, 04:16 AM

JustAnotherPrimaryTeacher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hmmmm apparently regardless whether I am in independent school or govt school, the pay is the same since I am following MOE's payscale (as I am only a seconded officer, and not a direct staff of the independent school).

Oh, so TP grade is kinda pointless? I am teaching science and yes, I guess independent school does not promote seconded officers well because a lot of appointment holders are given to their direct staff since seconded staff can only stay for a maximum of 6 years in the school.

Oh well, guess I am not of the calibre to be pulled out to go HQ My NIE peers are already subject heads while I am still HOT (happy ordinary teacher).
Apologies, let me clarify about the relatively higher pay part. What I meant was although in the same salary scale, you may be slightly ahead (at least when you just got posted). Maybe you could verify with your batchmates the starting salary when you first entered the independent school? I've had a few colleagues who've mentioned to me before that albeit in the same scale (e.g. GEO 2), 2 people with the same honours had different pay with the one in independent school slightly nearer to the grade ceiling.

Anyway if you're a GEO 3 now, you should know that you are hitting the ceiling and highly likely a promotion would be coming soon.