Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 22-06-2018, 12:15 AM

JustAnotherPrimaryTeacher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridhwan1820 View Post
Would like to seek advice from current MOE teachers. i recently applied for PGDE. I am a FCH from NTU school of biological sciences. I just got an interview offer for PGDE in NIE. In my application, i had put in sec bio as my first choice, and pri sch eng sci as my second choice.

However, i was offered secondary school bio as my first teaching subject, and computer applications as my second teaching subject. I am completely clueless on these IT stuffs. I suspect they gave me this subject because I took one computer programming module while on exchange in Korea. -.-

Any chance they can change my teaching subject? I dont think i can pass any computer skills test if there is a proficiency test being conducted.
Computer Application is new. But yes I've had a friend who did her NUS degree in physics but when applied to Pri sch, they gave her music because she had grade 8 piano. So your suspicion is not unfounded.

But tbh, since it is a relatively new subject. No one in our generation would have taken it. So in NIE, they will definitely equip you with the pedagogical skills and the content knowledge to teach that particular subject. Just that you may have to spend some time to brush up your programming skills? haha.

Changing teaching subject is definitely possible but you have to write in soon. You can start by writing in to the PGDE admin office in NIE, explaining your case and ask for a change.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app