Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 28-05-2018, 06:28 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi People!
I left my previous company in March 2018. I thought i was lucky enough to start work on the 1st week of April as I almost got an offer. I was arranged to meet the company MD after I came back from my holiday and that will be the last step of the hiring process. Then I waited for few days with no reply from both the company HR and agent. This drag to the 3rd week of April, they finally get back and informed me that the company decided not to have additional headcount. I was so shocked that there is such thing happening. At the same time, from another company, the agent me the company interested in hiring me, and again I reached the last stage of the hiring process, then the agent told me that I have one competitor which was an internal referral. This makes me feel that the agent is wasting my time and irresponsible for not providing me with accurate information. Worst still, I had to make phone call to Hong Kong to get interview and pay the bill myself. That was all happening in April, and these 2 companies had wasted my whole of April. Then, I just started looking out for jobs aggressively just 2 weeks ago, I am very lucky to have scheduled interviews for the whole of last week with 2 x 2nd interviews, and there are 2 more interviews scheduled for next week. I really hope i could finally secured one out of the few. My savings dry up liaoz.

I am here to share my part, and at the same time, anybody can advise what should I do to impress the interviewer? Also, I'm always stuck with question like "why do you leave your previous job", how do you answer?
at least u have been asked to go for interviews
although to be honest, the 2 coys shud have been upfront abt their own preference/arrangement