Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Top paying companies in SG for CompSci
View Single Post
Old 27-05-2018, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

Smile Salary MBB-IB-Shipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
CS graduate salaries in Singapore can vary by a huge margin. I've seen fresh graduate being offered 7.5k/month in 2015 and also personally received offers from barely 3k/mth to 6k/mth in the same year.

A lot of it depends on the company and I think Insiocto provides a pretty accurate account of the market rates.

To add to his research, according to my own personal experience and despite some local companies giving salaries that are on par with or only slightly below what companies like FB and Google can offer, they lack much in their growth potential. Here is why:

I have a friend in my same cohort (NUS CS) and both of us received first class honors. After graduation, he joined one of the rising startups (Grab, Garena, etc.) and I joined an MNC (FB, Google, Autodesk, etc). Both of us had equal monthly salary (6k/mth). My package was a little bit better because I had sign-on bonus and stock options. At that time, I thought those were only one-off benefits so I believed our packages were pretty similar.

However after a couple of years, my base salary grew by more than 200% and my friend grew by about 160%. And that was just base salary. On top of it, I also received more stock options every year and extra bonus for performing beyond expectation so I'm earning almost 2 times more than my friend. What's more, I got more insurance coverage, more cash benefits and travel opportunities (yes software engineers also travel quite often at MNCs). A year of business travels earned me enough miles to get free air tickets for my personal vacations.

This is only my personal experience so take it with a grain of salt. However I do recommend most people to join the big MNCs over local startups unless you really believe in their product and think that they would be the next unicorn. Even then, joining startups that have gone beyond series B or C will not earn as much as you would expect when they exit. In my opinion, MNCs offer much more stability, growth potential and work-life balance.

Hi everyone

I wanted to ask you about the salaries in this fields: Management Consulting , Investment banking and Shipping(shipbroking and chartering etc)

Whats the starting average salary in this industries and the progression? Here in Singapore london nyc
Whats the most difficult one to get into?

I reffer to compaines like Mckinsey Goldman morgan stanley , and Clarksons ssy

Please solve my doubt if someone know about this

Thnaks in advance!