Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Officer Role in Bank of Tokyo - Mitsubishi UFJ
View Single Post
Old 20-05-2018, 10:44 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I'm hoping to get some advice here. I joined a jap bank last year upon graduation (perm role) and I'm looking to switch banks soon, as I find that my current role is very far from what I would like to do, and this bank does not provide much internal opportunities. Furthermore, even though I am not too concerned about my salary as someone that has just started out, I find that my base salary is too low as compared to what my peers are getting in other companies, banking and non-banking.

I would like to know how to go about adjusting/rectifying my pay to meet the average market standard when I apply for other jobs, as I understand that it may appear as a pretty unreasonable % increment, and not the usual 10-15% due to my current low base. Has anyone here had experience in a similar situation?

Would really appreciate any input or advice, thanks!
When I graduated in 2012. You have to be careful for leaving due to short tenure. What makes you think that you will like your next role? In general banks are more or less the same in terms of the demands and working hours. As a fresh grad you really have no bargaining power in terms of pay. If you leave now it will be more challenging to justify your short tenure.

Dont be keep concerned about lower base pay. I started with low base. But right now i am working in a top MNC in the industry and it is among the list of top employers.

My advice to you is to start learning to take hardships. Comparison with your peers will make you unhappy and this is no ending to this vicious cycle.