Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Cambridge Associates
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 05:06 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
Both are limited opp tbh. Mid tier accounting firm has no CV branding and most likely will end up in other mid tiers or SMEs in the long term. If by "mid tier" you mean RSM or BDO maybe still got a bit of hope, if not then it's more or less game over for any future with MNC/local bluechips or public sector.

CA option too administrative and after 3-4 weeks you will figure out everything you need to know and honestly such basic SOP skillset not much real value in the market. It's going to be standard route of 3-4 years entry, 3-4 years senior and if you are lucky after that maybe some sort of team lead or assistant manager role.

Since both of them not good, I suggest you stick with the one that has higher pay.
Thanks for the honest feedback.

Any idea about the salary structure in CA?

At least with the mid tier (one of the two you mentioned) I know exactly what I'm in for and there's the chance I could move to big 4 for a while for CV purposes (a fair amount of people I know that worked there have done that). It's definitely lower starting than CA but it would help if I could compare the salary progression.