Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Shipping industry (low basic + high bonus?)
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 09:37 PM
Captain G

Quote:
Originally Posted by browncomb View Post
Recently gotten an offer from one of the shipbuilding companies but the salary offered is a 10% cut from my current salary. Role is marketing/corp communications, which is very different from my current role as a researcher. Current pay is about 3k, and it's my first job.

Would like to know if the bonus in shipping industry is usually fixed (HR told me about 3-4 months including AWS, or can be higher). What I know is the shipbuilding industry is not doing very well right now, so I'm wondering if I'm taking a risk by accepting a lower basic pay. HR also said it is normal for people in this industry to receive a low bonus and get 'reimbursed' via high bonus.

Any inputs?
3-4 months inclusive AWS works out to just 2-3 months real bonus which is pretty low compared to many other industries. Like that the HR still dare to call this 'high bonus'? Haha and still need to take a pay cut, I will just politely tell them fcuk off.

3k this sort of low pay level also want to undercut to 2.7k!? Co. with this sort of HR mentality dun bother to join them unless really desperate.