Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 25-04-2018, 01:11 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherPrimaryTeacher View Post
If you are referring to the PGDE programme, your degree results (which qualifies you for the PGDE programme) would have already determined your pay based on the honours/non-honours. You results at NIE's PGDE programme will not determine your pay unlike those doing Bachelors of Education at NTU-NIE. Difference in salary between honours is a few hundred dollars (e.g. 2nd lower to 2nd upper is a diff of ~200+ dollars)
Promotion is usually not tied to honours, but since having higher honours = higher pay = faster reach pay ceiling, means probably promotion should also come soon (but more likely to depend on performance and YIS)

That being said, I would suggest you to email MOE recruitment to find out if your AU uni will be recognized for the PGDE programme as I have had a few friends who went overseas, got their degrees with honours but got rejected by MOE consistently in the recent years. That way, you can also make a more informed choice

Hey thanks so much for the info and advice!
Yep I was referring to my degree results and not the PGDE results

Anyway I dropped them an email and they said that they don’t have an actual list of qualified degrees, and applicants get shortlisted based on their results and comparing them with the other applicants’ results 🤷🏻*♀️