Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 22-04-2018, 11:01 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
it's that typically singaporean attitude towards work and life in general that i take issue with. i'm no government stooge, but when i see that "act blur live longer" philosophy on unironic public display i suddenly realise why we must welcome the foreign hordes with open arms.

god i just hope one day that all of you are completely replaced by ang moh or indian lawyers and people like you can all go back to begging for a job in the civil servant/banking purgatory threads where you properly belong. i'm willing to bet you drive a rented phv honda vezel for grab just so you can pretend you're above taking public transport into the cbd, and probably get all your furniture off taobao for your punggol 3-room hdb flat that you share with your poly diploma fiance who works for a stat board.

do yourself a favour, recognise who and what you are and know that that will never change on this benighted island we (unfortunately) share
Perhaps you are still young and naive. Do you have your own family and children to feed yet?

Seriously what’s wrong with taking a step back and let things come our way instead of keep taking initiatives and then make mistakes then get scolded then created bad impression and make yourself so stressed out?

So many previous posts have shown that taking initiatives only creates more avenues for mistakes and arguments. Perhaps 1/100 chance this initiative is some ground breaking silver bullet discovery but what are the chances?

We all have our own lives to live. our own family to feed. The last thing I want is to bother my
myself with the affairs of some organization which doesn’t thank me when I gave up my life and health and time.

Life in law is already stressful enough, don’t take the unwanted risks. Just be laid back and let things happen. dont need for initiatives seriously.

End of day: you may be gone but the firm still stays. But is the firm going to thank you for you giving up your own physical and mental health and time and missing our the opportunity to start your own family or spend quality time at home or even the opportunity to date somebody ?

The answer is No.