Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - If accepted a job offer, can accept another offer which comes before the start?
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey guys! Did anyone of you tried leaving a contract job for a permanent role just when you first started working in the company for let's say 1-3months?
If yes, will you include the experience in your cv or just using your past experience to search for permanent role?

My take is that (I would assume that if I am applying for related jobs then I will put it in, if not I will leave the few months of experience out of my cv as it might look bad as a job hopper?)
Another reason is to tell potential employer that I am doing temp contract job while looking for a full time job. What do you guys think?

Please advise, thank you

Cheers!
No penalty for leaving a contracted job? But anyway, 1-3 months is not a very long time and I doubt you can actually do much within that short period of time. But in any case, if you think that you did anything substantial during that period then feel free to include in your CV. For me, I feel that anything below 6 months - 1 year period is not worth mentioning unless you're doing an internship.

Also, I'm sure that your employer will definitely ask you about your previous job if you include it in your CV regardless. Be tactful about this and craft a reasonable reasoning like looking for better challenges and etc. Don't ever talk about anything along the lines of higher pay or you can't cope in your previous job.

Good luck!