Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 17-03-2018, 06:10 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Getting called is just a label. So what I get called?

Will there be more money? better working conditions? No.

So what if other seniors have too been through the same situation, I could see the associates in my firm treated like dogs. Rushed lunch, everyday filled with anxiety, get scolded, stayed late. Very soon they reached 30s they didn’t settle down, just more white hair, single, and cannot find a spouse to settle down with. Money wise, I do not think they are making a lot per hour.

If I stayed I will just be more depressed and unhappy and cannot sleep peacefully everyday.

Once I leave, I still can get a job and move on in life with an in house role or a legal related role without the need to get called.

Plus going private practice route is not the only way to get called. You just need to open your eyes more and talking to people.
i'm the poster @ 3.01PM.

Um, yes, there will be more money when you get called. its called NQ salary.

anyway I think you are being too much of a negative Nancy.

from where i am, yes my junior associate colleagues and sometimes myself experience rushed lunches (sometimes no lunch), days filled with anxiety, getting scolded, staying late, etc.

all these are not uncommon in practice. but they still happen to find time to date, settle down, get married, take up hobbies etc.

life in practice is not a one-track routine. if you are willing to have some discipline in life, you will have time to do other things. most importantly, u must have some interests outside of work.

hundreds if not thousands of lawyers have been through the same thing as u have and have survived. so what makes you so special?

which leads me back to my first point. if you're not happy, quit. nobody is forcing you to stay.