Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 10:13 PM

Lawyerrr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a guy too
I stayed in practice 4.5 years. I've seen many, many guys and girls cry. There's no shame in tears here. It's a painful profession, no doubt about it.

If you are for whatever reason convinced you love practising law and really want to make partner or make law a lifelong career, then remember that the key focus is to make sure you find a way to sustain yourself for the long-haul. Find a different team, a different practice, a different firm. If you truly enjoy or want to stay in legal practice long-term, then find a team and firm you are happy in. Don't always chase the brand name firms. Make sure wherever you are, you do the best work you can in that circumstance, and leave knowing you tried your best.

The industry is sadly an elitist one, but you don't have to play that game. Remember that no matter how high you've climbed up the ladder that there will always be someone smarter, drawing a higher salary, working in a "better" firm than you. It's a combination of "luck" and attitude and aptitude, and the proportion of each of those factors is never the same for any one person.

You'll find your way eventually.