Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 10:01 PM

Lawyerrr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by themagpie View Post
Oh I didnt know that. Well whats the % of pay cut taken to go in house?

Do you know whats the payscale for 4-5PQE at the big 4?

I am expecting a job offer from a german MNC for an in house job in singapore so I need some data to negotiate salary.
In the absence of any indication to the contrary for your particular role, I would suggest asking for a 15% raise on top of the market rate for 4-5PQE, then prepare for a downwards negotiation from that figure.

The other posters are generally correct in saying that most people do not get a raise going in-house, although having made the move myself after negotiating with several employers this all depends on the company and industry you are in. For example, most banks will NOT offer a pay rise unless they are top-tier "brand-name" (cringe-y, but crudely put) European/US banks, i.e. Rothschild, Coutts, UBS, but NOT Citibank, Standard Chartered, etc.

A German MNC might be willing to pay you more - so assess what industry this MNC is in, and what position this company has in the market.

Note also what kind of prior experience you have, and if they are aware or place emphasis on your last-drawn salary. Having worked in several top-tier European institutions now, I can say that most are willing to give you an increment from your last drawn salary. It is reasonable to ask for (or to even expect) 7-15% up from market rates for your PQE level if you have impressed them in the interviews/have solid skills to offer.

In general, I would pretty much in no circumstance ask for more than 15% above market rate.

Hope this helps.