Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment
View Single Post
Old 27-02-2018, 11:26 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a local Singaporean Chinese. I know myself and having worked for so long, I know I am not the caliber or having the Ivy league/top biz schools qualifications to get into MBB. As I am new to the Big4, I do not really know the details. But what I understood is the bracket is fairly wide.

As for expats in my firm, apparently they are on a different scale. They are paid in local terms (SGD) but their salaries are the equivalent to their home countries rates. So a manager from the US is paid the equivalent in SGD what they would get back home.

I spoke to one of my younger staff (2 years out of university) and he confirmed that audit grads are paid lower than consulting. Our starting salary is $3,500 but the same audit grad will be getting around $2.7k ~ $3.7k.
It's understandable that Big 4 firms are willing to pay their external hires generously because of what they bring to the table, so a mere manager in consulting can get paid so much more than an audit manager. It's not exactly a fair comparison.