Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Officer Role in Bank of Tokyo - Mitsubishi UFJ
View Single Post
Old 14-02-2018, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks for the explanation. I called up the recruiter yesterday and she told me that by right they were looking for a DM, but the hiring manager felt my experience compare to internal equity only qualify for AM, so they gave me a salary which is higher end of AM but if I can proof good performance can be promoted to DM after a while.

When I ask her if my salary is high end of AM does this mean I will get no or very little increase if I don't promote, she was very evasive and just keep saying as long as you perform well the company will recognize that.

Now I am a bit hesitant because the offer is only ~15% higher than current and if no increase and promotion in next 2 years like back to square one... Anyone got advice whether I should accept?
I've never had a problem with getting my desired salary, in my current job I was even "counter offered" 15% higher than my asking salary, which already took into account a 15% increment from my previous job.

It all boils down to what you can offer to the company. In this case, looks like you're not what they are looking for.