Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 11:50 PM
Verified Member

May2018 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
7 months out of a job is really damn shitty shitty feeling! reli feel like giving up already. Went for interview and they called to update that I did well for the interview but they concern of my previously "high" salary and unsure if I will commit long term.. Said they need more time to consider.. WTF!!! What is Farking wrong with the employers nowadays???
May I know how old are you?

There is something very wrong with employers when they comes to Singapore. The same thing happen with MNCs too.
My friend staying in Australia with a secondary school qualification, went jobless and gotten a contract job within 1 interview less than a week after he lost his job. He was hired for his admin experience.

Singapore employers worry too much with :-
1) "Your previous salary too high, we are worry you may not stay in the job for long." Come on when one is jobless for 2 years, savings drained. Will the person job hop within a year that easy?

2) "Why you jobless for so long?" Anything you say they alway doubt. They have problem trusting their own judgement?

3) "How old are you?" Experience and / or qualifications are not the 1st consideration but age. My worst experience was with one of the "MLM" near Ikea for an admin job. HR asked me my age just before interview. When HR lady heard it was above 40, all I faced during the interview was putting me down all the way with all sort of excuses and no letting me reply most of the time. A job less than $2k asking me to hold a turnaround weekly petty cash of $3k with an open working desk. Tell me right into my face before I can reply, "O, you don't have that petty cash experience."In my heart, I am like now I know why the previous girl left. My salary is not enough to compensate if the petty cash is stolen.
Brainless HR lady, your company in distributorship biz. You just ruined your company reputation by having such nasty rude behaviors.

4) "You are over experience for this job." They cannot tell you you are too old for the job and they tell you this.

One of the CONVERSION PROGRAMME offered online states:-
- 30 EMPLOYERS tied to this programme, Close to 350 JOBSEEKERS REGISTERED, 8 PMETS HIRED, 10,000 additional roles vacant.
2.2% got hired out of 350 jobseekers.
Assuming 1 hire per 1 company, is only 26.6% out of 30 employers.
10,000 roles vacant, why only 8 was hired?
Numbers speak for itself how supportive employers are with the programme.

Our government can launched many good programmes. Employers are not supportive, what can the jobless do?

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app