Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 25-03-2011, 11:30 AM
Verified Member

nanolife is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
1 - yes.

2 - i think it's reasonable, but it's what THEY think that matters.

3 - i believe hr has a fixed pay in mind, calculated by some formula / guideline, so it's easy to justify should some government auditor come questioning. from what i hear, they will TRY to MATCH your last drawn pay, but if it's too high, tough. they usually don't entertain negotiations, or they'll just blah blah you away.

4 - got chance.

5 - refer to 3. they will TRY to MATCH your last drawn.

6 - maybe 5k, assuming they value your "2 years++ of teaching experience at other tertiary institution". why didn't you continue at this other tertiary institution? how much are they paying you? or is it an hourly rate? what's the rate?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
1 - yes.

2 - i think it's reasonable, but it's what THEY think that matters.

3 - i believe hr has a fixed pay in mind, calculated by some formula / guideline, so it's easy to justify should some government auditor come questioning. from what i hear, they will TRY to MATCH your last drawn pay, but if it's too high, tough. they usually don't entertain negotiations, or they'll just blah blah you away.

4 - got chance.

5 - refer to 3. they will TRY to MATCH your last drawn.

6 - maybe 5k, assuming they value your "2 years++ of teaching experience at other tertiary institution". why didn't you continue at this other tertiary institution? how much are they paying you? or is it an hourly rate? what's the rate?
thank you very much for your reply.

2. does getting a master degree will help in getting extra pay? if so how much normally they will give?

3. like that meaning i am in dangerous? because i think maybe i indicated too much higher than my last drawn.

you said they dun entertain negotiation, so if my expected salary higher than what they offer, they will totally not offer me even the lower pay they have in mind at all even i indicate "negotiable". they will not even talk to me for the lower pay they can offer at all, and will just turn me off even they got the interest to take me?

because I actually indicate $650 more from my last drawn which I put higher because my previous job hr will cut $200-300 from my expected salary when they offer me the job. so after that it will be the pay i really want.

I cannot revert my expected salary given already now right? it will make me in very embarrassed situation also.

5. so normally they take in lecturer, they will at most give the exact same amount as what your last drawn pay or pay cut you from last drawn and not possible for them to give any extra from last drawn?

6. I am looking to join better career prospective in new institution. personal choice. they are paying monthly salary. but I think I am underpaid comparing to my peers although I am not sure exactly how much they earn.
5k for similar experience like me? so it means i underpaid? because my last drawn not even hit $4k, and my indicated expected salary also slightly over $4k only and very far away from $5k at all