Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How Much Do You Need to Earn Before You Even Think of Buying A Car In Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 12:07 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You forgot to add another group of people who derive pleasure in posting highly inflated or totally fake incomes. Wonder how they feel about themselves.

I belong to the group that is happy to see "the numbers" grow. You may not believe it, but it is not totally about the money anymore after a certain point. To me at least, it is like a hobby that is successful and that gives us joy and satisfaction to see "the numbers" growing.

When I first started out on this "hobby", it was to grow my passive income with the ultimate aim to cover my annual expenses so that we can retire in comfort and assured. But when we see both our passive income and NW grow each year, it got us hooked.

Our very initial passive income target was a very modest $50k pa. This was easily met within 2 years of setting it. We pushed the target higher each time the old target was achieved. This year we hit the $150k passive income target, and have raised the bar to $180k pa. The increase in passive comes in tandem with our NW growth. The SIZE of the investment capital matters when investing for passive income. (By the way, we assessed that we would only need $90k pa in retirement)

Needless to say, the yearly passive income helps to accelerate our NW growth. It is like self re-enforcing spiral.
Haha....rich people no need to come to this topic anyways...I came bcos I am struggling to decide if I should spend $200k on down payment, when I earn $18k per month...
What’s the point of having so much passive income only to become too old and grey to enjoy it...? Siao.....