Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 09:19 AM
Unregistered

Angry STOP the lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
That's a bit extreme la. Small Chinatown point or toa payoh HDB hub firms got la. I've never heard of law grads so desperate as to become typists or legal secretaries. Stop fear mongering pls.

There are positions out there for lawyers. Maybe not everybody will work in a glass skyscraper overlooking Marina bay but one just needs to look hard enough. This is coming from someone who qualified at the peak of the glut between 2014 to 2018 call.
Fully agree with you. I am from a third rate university without graduating with honors. Got offered to get retain in the firm I did my TC in and I also had a few associates offers from smaller law firms after getting called to the bar during 2017 Mass call. I decided to turn down these opportunities and become an in house counsel for better working hours.

I didnt like the fear mongering from some people, especially some lawyers in my cohort. When I turned down the offer to stay in the firm I did my TC in, one of my lawyer friend said I was committing suicide and that people are taking up lawyer positions for as low as SGD 1500 to SGD 2000. Well I turned a blind eye to whatever nonsense he was sprouting as I certainty didnt receive any such low ball offers.

So please stop the fear mongering and the lies. You are trained to be a lawyer, so be one. That is the reason why you went to law school and called to the Singapore bar as an advocate and solicitor.