Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 24-03-2011, 06:53 PM
Verified Member

nanolife is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i don't know about your profile, so i'll just shared with you my story.

i joined a poly as a lecturer when was in my late twenties, and got a rather big pay cut from my dotcom salary of $7k at that time. i still joined cos the dotcom wasn't going anywhere and i wanted a career in education.

good luck. let us know how it goes.
thank you very much for you reply. appreciate if you can assist further on my questions if you dun mind. thanks in advance.

1) may i know what is the range of salary you get that time? got more than $4k?

2) for my case, i have been working in industry for over 5 years. with 2 years++ of teaching experience at other tertiary institution. will complete my master degree from local u in may this year. so do u thin if put more $4k++ as expected salary reasonable?

3) because i believe most hr will still cut ur expected salarly right even they offer you the job?

4) do u think they actually consider to offer me at current stage already? do i stand any chance to get the job now?

5) are u currently in poly still? do u think the current job market is good? if asking aboutt 15-20% of increment from last drawn considered reasonable? because i believe the hr will cut so i would like to put higher because after cut still my wanted salary.

6) what kind of range of salary does poly lecturer hold for the similar experience as mine?