Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 24-03-2011, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanolife View Post
hi guys,

i went thru the first and 2nd interview at one of the poly for the position of lecturer.

the hr admin sent me the email to enquiry about detail info of my current annual compensation package and ask me to indicate my expected salary (there is the field in the online application and i left blank.

does this show that I got a high chance of being hired and they are considering how much to offer me? or I think too much?

how many percent % extra of my current pay i should indicate which is reasonable? how should i indicate? because i dun want to indicate too high to scare them or too low to be carrot cut.

if they really give the offer, do they normally cut from ur indicated expected salary?

i will be receiving my master degree from one of the local u soon, can use it to bargain for more pay?

thank you.
i don't know about your profile, so i'll just shared with you my story.

i joined a poly as a lecturer when was in my late twenties, and got a rather big pay cut from my dotcom salary of $7k at that time. i still joined cos the dotcom wasn't going anywhere and i wanted a career in education.

good luck. let us know how it goes.