Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 17-01-2018, 05:24 PM
Unregistered

Default After passing the final interview...

Thanks for your wish and detailed answers to my question
Hahaha :P Hope to receive an update from the HR soon, so I can change my status to be "Employed" before CNY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Congratulations. All the best on your new endeavour.
Background checks are different depending on the security level clearance required. The highest are the MHA, MFA, and CPIB; they will check your references, educational background, family background, criminal records (if any), political agenda (if possible), etc.
Most will simply call your reference and maybe conduct a rudimentary background check.
There are some HR officers like that, not going to lie. In such a case, do not list them as the reference and have an answer ready for "Why did you quit your previous line of work?"

Thanks for the wish. All the best to you, hope you will receive your offer soon.

Don't give up easily, treat every interview session as a learning opportunity. I had learnt more about myself during the rounds interviews.
I had applied since October.....It is not easy to land on this conditional offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Congrats~! Hopefully I will get mine soon.