Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Constituency Manager (People Association)
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2018, 05:26 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Despite all the negative reviews I have read here, I choose to believe its really based on luck and I have 2 friends as CM whom is really happy in their CC.

And trust me, the workload that i'm doing right now. I would rather join PA, with a much higher pay from my current job. And I'm not someone whom needs my weekends, I prefer my weekdays.

but i'm wondering about the induction. do we really need to go for OBS, canoeing etc. if its just workshops or going around i'm fine. but OBS...... sounds very CCA-ish.

-merong
Yes, you have to go for the full OBS experience which includes camping (5days, 4 nights iirc).
Almost all my batch mates got sunburnt during canoeing... the induction camp was certainly no walk in the park.
Till today, I don't understand the rationale of going to OBS...it's true you develope camaraderie with your batch mates but of what use is that when all are from different CCs?

You probably won't get as much crap as CME compared to CM except for dealing with difficult residents at the front desk.
If **** happens, just call the duty manager for help, that's what the CMEs in my previous CC did.

Even if you get posted to a good CC, PA has this policy of rotating their staff across CCs so you won't stay in any CC for very long.

Initially, I was very happy working for PA too, brimming with enthusiasm and energy.
But that was the honeymoon period before the real nightmare began...