Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 22-03-2011, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

Thanks for the advice. That's what i saw as well. They are asking mid-career job seekers who needs a change.

And no, at 40 it's still too earlier to think of retirement yet. I still need to accumulate more skills and experience.

I am lucky to have deal with strategic partnerships with Foreign companies from German/ France. They tend to bully small companies like us. Contract management and production in China and Malaysia. These fellows only want big volumes and the boss signature on the agreement. Thankfully i had a Diploma in Engineering and Degree in Business Mkt/Admn. That really helps me to move around and solve technical and business issues.

thks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sounds like you are looking for a retirement job!

With your credentials, I think it's not hard to join the civil service. In fact, at one point, I think they are pretty desperate to attract mid-career entrants. Something to counter "group think" or whatever they call it. So in your interview, try to hype on what you can offer to the civil service (respectfully of course) - the alternative perspectives given your vast experience and the training you got from the private sector.