Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or Operations Tech?
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2018, 12:33 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi all, im abit curious here. Does anyone roughly know if there is any allowances for technicians with non- shift? What I mean is office hours. As far as I know from here, all those working under operations (shift work) will be entitled to shift allowance. How about technician under maintenance with no shift?
From my experience in 2 major oil & gas and 1 storage company.
All those 8-5 personnel for eg like maintenance technician won’t be entitled for shift allowances,
Therefore that’s the reason their basic are as minimum as 2.5k starting rather then us ops tech or process tech with base of 1.6-2k starting but we have shift allowances.

Unless ur speaking about “island allowances” some company they play around with the allowances like for eg u have to travel to island offshores like bukom,Sebarok even in Jurong island some companies do separate the allowance components to island allowances . But most of the time generally 8-5 technician don’t & wont be given shift allowance but for sure basic higher then usual ops or process tech.