Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Service Current Estimated Potential (CEP)
View Single Post
Old 19-03-2011, 12:02 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by miwashi View Post
i got 2nd upper and i can't even get offers in the private sector. even jumping to another gahment sector job gives me $800-1000 pay cuts. So much for education and experience.
Are you the exception or the norm?

Did you analyze why your career has come to a dead end? Any advice for fresh job seekers?

Thanks for sharing.
Advice No. 1: Get a professional degree (and not general degree), e.g. accounting, IT, law, dentistry, where your skill has a market demand.

Advice No. 2: Do not go into government jobs that are have no external market value, e.g. customs, military, censorship etc. If you want to be a civil servant because of the stability, make sure you are working in a professional type of work, e.g. accounting, IT, law, dentistry where there are external benchmarks and you can get out anytime with relevant skills.

Advice No. 3: Do not be deceived by the higher starting pay dangled by government departments, they are the bait that catches the fish which is going to end up dead.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app