Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 16-03-2011, 09:37 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswan View Post
hi "totally agree..." , good to hear someone thinking same as me.
I did my IA at exxon too .. but i was at harborfront the regional hq office doing mainly commercial stuff but with some technical work. And how late r the engineers made to work at ur side? speaking of bonuses , i heard exxon bonuses r fixed at 3 mths .

for ur qn, it really depends on which stat board... u might want to disclose the name or the name of its parent ministry.

the Msc is likely to be counted as 1yr of work (assuming u did 1 yr masters from 2009-2010)

so there will be a 2nd upper pay + 1 yr increment
i guess would be ard 3600-3700 (assume u did NS)
Hi Blackswan,

I was at Jurong Refinery and some engineers did stay as late as 9pm on several occasions. I guess it comes with the job that you have to show full commitment to the plant, its operations and of course the super-stress-inducing managers. There are numerous others (every year 400-500 Chem Eng grads from NTU/NUS applying) waiting to pounce on their jobs if they fail to perform exceeding expectations, not just merely meeting them.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the salary estimate. Yeah I did NS.
I am thinking along the same salary range too and you basically confirmed my estimation. Will update you again when I eventually get more details on the salary package that they offer.

Plus, I'm beginning to think that I am a computer program and not a human, cos this is my 3rd attempt trying to post this but keep on getting the wrong 2 words from reCAPTCHA program.. lol!