Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 25-11-2017, 12:50 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
May I know why are SPF superintendent paid so much like around 11 to 12k???? They don't even do anything and their job is so relaxing.. like that everybody might as well just switch to spf
Didn’t do anything and job relaxing? Then you go join and see how it is lah! But from the way you talk, I don’t think you even qualified to be considered for an interview, much less a senior officer post. If so easy then like what you said already, everyone would have joined! The Home Team is a 24hr on call job you know? When you are enjoying your holidays and weekends, these are the people doing their duties and on standby for any emergencies and putting their lives in danger on a daily basis! You never read about the TP officer who was knocked down and dragged for 100m recently is it? Or the fireman who was injured when the taxi exploded when he was trying to put out the fire? And all Home Team officers have to retire at 55 years old, not 62 years old like everyone else. The higher pay is due to the hazardous nature of their job as well as their early mandatory retirement!

By the way, Superintendents are the equivalent of Lieutenant Colonel/Colonel and have equivalent responsibilities. You think you have the capabilities to be one? I think you are most probably a chow corporal in NS that’s why you don’t understand all these! Most Home Team officers are not in it just for the money. It is more of a calling! You stupid ungrateful a**hole!