Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Internal auditor
View Single Post
Old 24-11-2017, 04:18 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not sure what you meant as "career suicide" but i assume you mean there will be little to no progression? Assuming you are already an IA, you should know the job itself has more to do with your familiarity with the internal process, operations. If you are someone who wants to be an AI, there are many other paths. I've met someone who was an corporate RM and transferred to be an IA within the bank so lateral move into IA function is very common.

Firms like to have 'ready' employees over those who require OJT so putting that requirement helps to weed out candidates that require more efforts to train up (even if they could be more talented, hardworking, etc). This is especially true for jobs/positions where you are just a cog in the wheel.
Hi, I apologize for not being specific enough. My concern is that I'm hearing a lot about Big 4 being a necessity if you want to jump from external audit to commercial (internal audit). It seems like a lot of people in mid-sized firms who intend to have a career in internal audit also want to jump to Big 4 no matter what. Have you heard about any success stories about people jumping from small/medium audit firm straight to internal audit?