Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career Advice (M&A to AM)
View Single Post
Old 17-11-2017, 11:06 AM

M&A to AM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Definitely would not advise going into execution trading even if it were a perm role.
Thank you mate for your advice here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I will never settle for a contract role if I am already holding perm. Besides the AM industry is undergoing servere cost cutting and fee reduction due to massive monthly outflows into passive instruments and this trend shows no sign of abating.

Chances of conversion to perm are not high as the existing headcounts are being reorganized and reduced in most AM firms. Even huge ones like Fidelity, JPM and BR are getting hit left right centre. The smaller ones like LM, FT, are completely screwed.

Surprisingly it's those niche boutique AM firms that are doing much better in terms of client retention.
It's always wonderful to hear insights and that kind of confirms my guess from the information and 'slip' details from the hiring manager. I had looked at boutique AM firms but most are not hiring (or my network just isn't big enough).

Year-end is always a good time to reflect on one's life goals, including my career choice this time round