Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in!
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017, 11:50 AM

ocp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am another poster. It depends on the seniority of the role you apply. As you have not been working in this field, I am not too sure if you can ask for a higher increment.

I am in kyc for around 3.5 years. Has acams n post graduate cert. Drawing close to 6k.
Thank you for the feedback. I guess 6k is an ideal figure after 3 years work experience. It would be the equivalent value of 4500 about 8 years back.

Would you mind sharing the requirements / functions which you fulfill in your work?

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i think 4500 is well within the budget for roles that require 3 years AML experience. Your harder task to to convince your interviewer that your experience from 2009 is still relevant now, especially there are so many changes in AML regulations.

If successful, you can possibly ask for around 20% increment realistically?
Thank you for the response. The experience is no doubt relevant. More so since laws, regulations and requirements are continuously upgraded. They haven't really changed, they have just upgraded to cover more ground and involve more functions. Yet, 10 years later fewer compliance officers will be required as many scopes of his work will get redundant because of better technology. Therefore, it is all about upgrading one's skills constantly with newer certifications and having the initiative to learn what else can be done out there with fintech, which have been doing. Anyways, I was told by a headhunter that the pay scale depends on market conditions. Currently the economy is not doing too well. But it really depends on the organization, in what they want to invest. I was also told that the salaries vary a lot, from as low as 2500 a month to 9000 a month from within the range of 1 to 5 years experience. Hence, wanted to know what is the average pay employees in foreign and local banks and other FIs are getting considering the work requirements they fulfill. Thank you.