Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - DSTA (under Mindef)
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have friends at DSOm from my understanding is DSO now offers their own scholarships. But dsta scholars can still appeal to stay at DSO after their WEP( many beg to do so than to go dsta esp after their education overseas). I suggest that your stay at DSO or ST to build up technical conpetency first then decide down the road where you wanna go. Unless you get to do development or cyber work in DSTA, you wont develop much technical nor transferrable skills, speaking from experience. And you wont get to build on much from your uni education. My 2 cents worth of advise.
DSO does offer their own scholarship, but I don't think they offer a scholarship that allows a undergraduate overseas education after one has completed JC.

If you study science majors rather than engineering, it's likely that you'll go to DSO.

But if you're doing engineering, make sure that you go to DSO for your internship as that's the time when you choose between DSO and DSTA. There is really not much turning back after that, unless you serve your 6 years bond in DSTA before transferring to DSO.