Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - DSTA (under Mindef)
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 09:05 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
DSO does technical stuff as well. You can take the DSTA scholarship and join DSO at the end of your studies. One downside is that DSO has quite significant number of scholars so you don't really stand out from the rest.

STE is famous for paying their engineers like technicians as they have to pay their bloated management made up of retired SAF personnel. Nevertheless, as a scholar in STE, you could be fast tracked up to management as their scholar ratio is quite low.
I have friends at DSOm from my understanding is DSO now offers their own scholarships. But dsta scholars can still appeal to stay at DSO after their WEP( many beg to do so than to go dsta esp after their education overseas). I suggest that your stay at DSO or ST to build up technical conpetency first then decide down the road where you wanna go. Unless you get to do development or cyber work in DSTA, you wont develop much technical nor transferrable skills, speaking from experience. And you wont get to build on much from your uni education. My 2 cents worth of advise.