Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Which degree is the best return on investment
View Single Post
Old 29-10-2017, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am pretty sure you're not working in IB!

I am in the industry and have many friends inside. Here is my two cents. Forget all the nonsense about the impossibility of getting in. It is really not that difficult to get in. Of all my friends who REALLY wanted the job, 90% got it.

And these are regular people with just Biz ad second upper honors finance graduates. Really nothing special. I can even list names if we want to get there but take it from someone who is actually in the industry... it's not that difficult.

The cutoff is second upper but from there, the hardest part is breaking and getting your first real finance related internship. Don't dream about making the cut for Goldman Sachs IBD internship as a 1st/2nd year. Instead, target a decently attractive firm (does not not have to BB), get in and learn the trade and manage the hours. From there, it's all about networking and more networking. I interned at Lazard and then proceeded to intern at a BB the next year.

I won't say it's ridiculously easy but very possible if you want it hard enough. Don't listen to the craptalkers here about how you need 20As or multiple case competitions nonsense. Actually, a pretty face is more important

Good luck!
Thanks for the info. May I know how many years of experience do you have now and what is your remuneration package?