Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 27-10-2017, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

Default 510E George

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I left after exactly 2 years @ 8.2k. There was a series of circumstances that led me to the public sector (previous company closed down, was getting married, so needed something fast) Yes, back in the private sector.

Depends on Ministry. The agency I was with didn't use the MX scale; that's mostly Ministries. Don't bother with the grade thing. Just look at the actual money (gross per month) and the total package. If you wanted to know, I have a friend in a Ministry at MX10. I think he was making 8k gross. (he also left earlier this year.)
Thanks for the info. Seems like it better off for me to stay put now. Just curious which Uni did u attend and faculty? Will it affect my chances and position to enter public sector because I do not even have a 3rd class honor engineering degree? In the future, I might be given an opportunity or under unforeseen circumstances, applying for public sector job openings.

Anyway 8k-8.2k monthly salary with better bonus structure at public sector is still higher than my current. Mind if I ask what is your current remuneration package? What industry are you in?